***New Cherry Questionairre***

A place for new members to introduce themselves and ask questions about the Message Board, the Gallery and getting around ACOT.

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Aztam
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 672

Re: ***New Cherry Questionairre***

Post by Aztam »

How did you find ACOT?? I have been a member for awhile (not sure how long) but was reminded by Becky Bitting this year about the NSD challenge

What technique would you like to learn? I think foiling is interesting, but I'm not willing to buy a minc. I have a laminator which I understand can work with foil.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? any number, I have been doing 12x12 with 1 photo and pocket pages too.

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Paper, get your paper right here!

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? I did a layout with 1999 pics.

your own scrap room? yes, as an empty nester, I am using quite a few rooms!!!

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? yes, to both, especially now with the online versions, thanks COVID

What gives you the creeps? having weird things touch me. I live in the desert so lots of things can hurt me, or crawl on me...

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird?  nightowl

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? the same as all day, coke zero, water
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tam
MrsFleck
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 168

Post by MrsFleck »

1. My sister, who got me addicted to scrappin, said this was her favorite place to shop. So I ventured over and found so much more than an online shop!
2. I don't know what I don't know.
3. Hmm...I used to use a lot of pictures, but nowadays I like simpler layouts so stick with one or two.
4. Paper
5. I just did my nephew's graduation LO.
6. Sort of...I share it with my husband. It's also our office and both our craft space. But I love it!
7. I used to go to crops when there was a physical scrapbook store close to me. I loved it at the time but it has since closed and I moved. Now I love crafting in my own space where all my goodies have a home and are at my disposal. 
8. spiders or any bug with lots of legs
9. Night owl...it's when my creativity comes alive
10. Water...I'm boring!
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Post by Art_Teacher »

So nice to have all these new Cherries to join us!  I guess there is one benefit to all the Covid madness, after all!  Jump right in ladies (some of you already have) and hang out with the nicest people on the web! :)
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Cynthia Corbett
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 283

Post by Cynthia Corbett »

How did you find ACOT?? 
During the covid lockdown a friend told me about the weekly sketch challenge. As I needed motivation to do ANYTHING this got me back into scrapbooking.  Thanks Karyn.

What technique would you like to learn? Using the Ranger oxides.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? I don't have a regular. If i'm doing a page of my grandchildren I use fewer than if I am doing a travel page.

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Paper

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?Mostly my grandchildren's activities.

Do you have your own scrap room?Oh, that would be so nice. I am using the dining room table. Well, maybe yes...the dining room.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Love going to crops. Until covid, that was the only time i scrapbooked.

What gives you the creeps?Mice in my basement. Coincidentally, that is where I keep my scrapbook supplies.

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Definitely night owl these days.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Lemonade with bourbon

sherriscraps
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 705

Post by sherriscraps »

How did you find ACOT?? 
II honestly don't remember
What technique would you like to learn?
more about gesso or thick paste type stuff
How many photos do you usually place on a layout?
lots I like 4 or 5, usually 3 or more
Are you into digital or paper layouts?
paper
What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?
usually travel pages   we travel a lot or grandkid pages
Do you have your own scrap room?
yes, it is the computer, sewing, scrap room with files and books.  But it's messy and I usually use the dining room table.  ha
Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? 
yes, lots.  we have a Texas get together of all friends we all met online
What gives you the creeps?
trying to go into a cave or other really tight spaces.  I just can't do it! 
Are you a night-owl or an early-bird?
night owl and early bird! 
What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage?
usually have a craft beer 
Retired, scrapping and happy!
Sherri 
Karyn_Sue
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 718

Post by Karyn_Sue »

suslvgeo wrote:
Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:57 pm

How did you find ACOT??

A friend of mine got me interested in doing the weekly Becky Fleck challenges to keep myself motivated during quarantine since I used to do the VAST majority of my scrapping at crops. Now she isn't doing it anymore, but I got a friend interested.

Anything new. Whatcha offering?  Seriously though - I really would like to work on my lettering and journaling.

Depends - I do a lot of 2 page layouts with A LOT of photos from my travels and cruises. For a single page layout usually 3 to 5.

PAPER! I'm old school.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?

grandkids. They grow too fast. 

Yes. Reclaimed an adult child's bedroom and made it my own. That's where I am right now.

both!  In person is much more fun. BC (Before Covid) a friend of mine and I hosted one, 2 or 3 tiems a year. i can't wait until AC to start going to crops again. I'm fully vaccinated so I am ready and rearing to go.

I'm not easily creeped out

night owl all the way! I'm answering this quiz at 2am and hubby is snoring in the room across the hall.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage

Sweet wine or Baileys.

“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford

ImageImageImageImageImage
ScrappyDistractions
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 844

Post by ScrappyDistractions »

Karyn_Sue wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:02 am
suslvgeo wrote:

How did you find ACOT??

A friend of mine got me interested in doing the weekly Becky Fleck challenges to keep myself motivated during quarantine since I used to do the VAST majority of my scrapping at crops. Now she isn't doing it anymore, but I got a friend interested.

Anything new. Whatcha offering?  Seriously though - I really would like to work on my lettering and journaling.

Depends - I do a lot of 2 page layouts with A LOT of photos from my travels and cruises. For a single page layout usually 3 to 5.

PAPER! I'm old school.

grandkids. They grow too fast. 

Yes. Reclaimed an adult child's bedroom and made it my own. That's where I am right now.

both!  In person is much more fun. BC (Before Covid) a friend of mine and I hosted one, 2 or 3 tiems a year. i can't wait until AC to start going to crops again. I'm fully vaccinated so I am ready and rearing to go.

I'm not easily creeped out

night owl all the way! I'm answering this quiz at 2am and hubby is snoring in the room across the hall.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage

Sweet wine or Baileys.

Welcome!  Good to see new faces.  

Lisa - Scrappy Distractions

ImageImageImage

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2441

Post by emmapaige »

I also am happy to see new faces!! Welcome to all the newbies. 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 508

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

(1) How did you find ACOT??
I first discovered ACOT a few months ago after discovering RTS on YouTube. Lol then, other YouTubers mentioned ACOT and here I am!

(2) What technique would you like to learn?
Since I've JUST recently started scrapbooking again after a LONG hiatus (life threw me some curveballs) but NOW I'm back in the scrapbooking game and just been getting new products AND new ideas and inspiration, so thank YOU to everyone here! ANYTHING y'all wanna teach me, I'm open to learning!

(3) How many photos do you usually place on a layout?
Anywhere from 1-4. Sometimes I have "hidden photos" .

(4) Are you into digital or paper layouts?
Right now just paper. I've made hybrid AND digital layouts in the past but currently lack the proper technology.

(5) What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?
Been working on LOTS of layouts lately! sI'm interested in doing a mini heritage album.I've been doing mostly 8 1/2" x 11" LOs right now and I am going to start some pocket pages soon.

(6) your own scrap room?
Not at the moment. Lol I miss having a studio but for now its the coffee table and living room for storage. It IS kind of cramped, but I'm making it work!

(7) Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life?
I used to crop with a few friends and sometimes I scrap with a family member. I've never done an online crop but I'm ready to try! Unless challenges count; I've started doin some here recently at ACOT.

(8) What gives you the creeps?
Can I say creepy people? I work in a small store and there's a LOT of weirdos out there!

(9) Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? 
nightowl

(10) What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage?
I rarely buy it but wine. Usually I drink water or tea or coffee drinks.
Last edited by Jolly Holly Scraps on Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CraftingMyStories
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 15

Post by CraftingMyStories »

suslvgeo wrote:
How did you find ACOT??What technique would you like to learn? 
I have known about ACOT for years, but finally decided to check out the community here after listening to Rachel and Jess on the Scrap Happier podcast.  
It varies widely, but I'd say 2-3 is usual. 
Paper all the way, baby! 
Teen boy page was my most recent. But I'm getting interested in family history pages and also have a lot of travel albums to complete. 
Yes! I am very lucky to have an extra room in our basement.
Both. 
Not that much really. 
Early bird
Gin and tonic or beer

Cheers, Lydia
17/100 papers 
May goal progress: 3/10 projects
joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2436

Post by joannie »

StoryCrafter wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:58 pm
suslvgeo wrote:
I have known about ACOT for years, but finally decided to check out the community here after listening to Rachel and Jess on the Scrap Happier podcast.  
It varies widely, but I'd say 2-3 is usual. 
Paper all the way, baby! 
Teen boy page was my most recent. But I'm getting interested in family history pages and also have a lot of travel albums to complete. 
Yes! I am very lucky to have an extra room in our basement.
Both. 
Not that much really. 
Early bird
Gin and tonic or beer
Welcome to the ACOT message board Lydia!! :greenlol:

- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
shoorn
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 2842

Post by shoorn »

Welcome to all the new members!
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image
ScrappyRN74
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 689

Post by ScrappyRN74 »

suslvgeo wrote:
This is a questionairre for any new Cherries that want to participate!

We here at ACOT would love to get to know more about you and this seems like a fun way to do it. Of course we also encourage you starting a thread and introducing yourself, this is just a fun little tool to help you get started!

I will be popping onto the thread and randomly handing out points to those that participate. What are points you ask, click here to find out more.

edited to add:any new cherry can fill this out, but random points will only be given to those that have less than 500 post counts.

And WELCOME to ACOT!!!! We are glad you are here!!!!

Hi everyone!  I found ACOT through the search engine. I love scrapbooking. I started back in 1998 but recently have been doing a lot more since my first grand baby was born. I usually use 5-7 photos on a page. I love the cutting paper apart and putting it back together with my hands. I have done a few digital books but did not enjoy that process as much. I am currently working chronologically through my granddaughter’s first year. I have my own personal crop space that I really enjoy... I am just trying to get my hubby to build me a massive craft desk so I can crop with friends. I have been to several crops and go to the Great Lakes Mega Meet in Novi Michigan every year. Small rodents give me the creeps and will send me screeching. I am definitely a night owl after working third shift for half my career. I love marrero sours or anything in my hand if my toes are in sand.  Thanks for letting me join you all here!!

joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2436

Post by joannie »

ScrappyRN74 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:41 pm
suslvgeo wrote:
This is a questionairre for any new Cherries that want to participate!

We here at ACOT would love to get to know more about you and this seems like a fun way to do it. Of course we also encourage you starting a thread and introducing yourself, this is just a fun little tool to help you get started!

I will be popping onto the thread and randomly handing out points to those that participate. What are points you ask, click here to find out more.

edited to add:any new cherry can fill this out, but random points will only be given to those that have less than 500 post counts.

And WELCOME to ACOT!!!! We are glad you are here!!!!
How did you find ACOT??What technique would you like to learn?How many photos do you usually place on a layout?Are you into digital or paper layouts?What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?Do you have your own scrap room?Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? What gives you the creeps?Are you a night-owl or an early-bird?What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage?
Hi everyone!  I found ACOT through the search engine. I love scrapbooking. I started back in 1998 but recently have been doing a lot more since my first grand baby was born. I usually use 5-7 photos on a page. I love the cutting paper apart and putting it back together with my hands. I have done a few digital books but did not enjoy that process as much. I am currently working chronologically through my granddaughter’s first year. I have my own personal crop space that I really enjoy... I am just trying to get my hubby to build me a massive craft desk so I can crop with friends. I have been to several crops and go to the Great Lakes Mega Meet in Novi Michigan every year. Small rodents give me the creeps and will send me screeching. I am definitely a night owl after working third shift for half my career. I love marrero sours or anything in my hand if my toes are in sand.  Thanks for letting me join you all here!!

Hello and welcome to ACOT!! I've been to Great Lakes Mega Meet a few times too. I live in Indiana. I assume you live near Michigan. 

- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
Donna_Coughlin
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 539

Post by Donna_Coughlin »

How did you find ACOT??  Don't remember!

What technique would you like to learn? I would like to learn how to properly do stamping. I only have a few and struggle with it. 

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? 2

Are you into digital or paper layouts? paper - digital once in a while.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? Disney

Do you have your own scrap room? Yes 

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life?  Yes real life

What gives you the creeps? Mice, but ironically I love Mickey Mouse!

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? early bird

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Frozen slushy coffee.
Donna
ImageImageImage
Duchess72
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 23

Post by Duchess72 »

How did you find ACOT?? Through Instagram Ads

What technique would you like to learn?  Ink blending

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? Depends on subject

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Paper

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? Just getting back to scrapbooking after a hiatus following a stroke

Do you have your own scrap room? yes

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? yes, both

What gives you the creeps? Jim Carrey

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Night owl

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Jamba Juice Strawberry Surf Rider
Be you, not them - the Duchess of Sassy Town .... 
I podcast about crafty stuff and encourage others ....
Image Image

GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 470

Post by GinniG »

How did you find ACOT?? Through forum boards

What technique would you like to learn?  More about mixed media for layouts

How many photos do you usually place on a layout?  Depends on the number of photos I have for that event/moment/occasion

Are you into digital or paper layouts?  Paper

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? I played along here with the iNSD crop and I just finished a 2 page layout about our youngest grandson's 6th birthday party

Do you have your own scrap room?  No but I will when our house is finished

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Yes to both and I even hosted a few weekend crops many years ago

What gives you the creeps?  Snakes, lizards, spiders

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird?  Big time night owl!

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage?  Either a margarita on the rocks or Tanqueray (Gin) and tonic with a lime
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 499

Post by SandyJay »

suslvgeo wrote:
How did you find ACOT?? 

I found ACOT a few years ago online.  I ended up moving, and it landed me just 5 miles from your store!!   (shhh...don't tell my husband it was on purpose!) 
I would like to learn how to mist or spray ink on my layouts. 
I usually like about 3-4 pics on my layouts, but just one if it is an especially nice or cute photo.
Only paper.  I love handling, feeling and touching and seeing "in person" the colors, tools of the trade.  I also only like paper books as opposed to digital.  
I just finished a page for a NSD challenge by Sandi. 
Yes, I have a very messy (s)crap room in the basement.  LOL
I have been to weekend crops with my BFF's.   Your NSD 2021 was the first online one I have done.  
Grubs, most worms, and weird people that stare or pick their scabs.
night owl!  
one beverage??  ummm....Mai Tai's if done right, a beer,  or my latest discovery, Key Lime Cream Rum by Blue Chair! 

wazzu94
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 349

Post by wazzu94 »

How did you find ACOT?? While googling to find Doodlebug Designs So Much Pun line

What technique would you like to learn?  Got a taste of the mixed media during NSD and I'm interested, but not sure I'm ready to dive in with all the supplies

How many photos do you usually place on a layout?  I typically put 3-4.  I do alot of Pocket scrapbooking too

Are you into digital or paper layouts?  I'm paper layouts, but love digital

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?  I'm trying to stay current with 2021 and make cards to mail in between

Do you have your own scrap room?  Yes, but I do share it with my 12 year old daughter when she feels creative

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life?   Yes, I've been to in person crops, but honestly loving the virtual crops too.  I have attend many in this past year.  I do hope they continue.

What gives you the creeps?  SPIDERS

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird?  Night owl for sure

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage?  chocolate martini
Suzann
 ImageImageImage            
jengapuzzle
Cherry Tart

Post by jengapuzzle »

suslvgeo wrote:
I cannot figure out how to change the font colors, so sorry!

How did you find ACOT??

*I just got back into scrapbooking after a long hiatus, and I was just searching for anyone who still carried scrapbooking supplies. So wonderful to find ACOT.

*I bought a Cricut Joy, but I'm still trying to figure out how to use it. My last Cricut was very limited, and it was huge!

*4-8

*Paper

*I just recently finished a set of layouts about my daughter's swim career.

*I have taken over our dining area, which is open and overlooks the level below, but it is so nice to have this area to myself.

*Back in the day, I went to, and taught, at several crops. Loved them!

*Black Widows, getting the innards out of poultry, and breaking them down, ugh!

*I was once a night owl but now am an early bird.

*Sauvignon Blanc.

Return to “Cherry Blossoms”