Doilies and Diecuts Class HERE!!!!

Join Us For Another Online Crop: Feb 26-28
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 1270

Re: Doilies and Diecuts Class HERE!!!!

Post by Laura Fiore »

PezKat wrote:
Laura Fiore wrote:5- Mat photo on Graph Side of Refresh paper, trim 1/8" outside of photo, distress and ink edge.
6- Add ribbon, lace, more punched borders at bottom of page (photo will be placed over a portion of this)
7- Add journaling spot or tags (I used Jenni Bowlin products for this). Here's a closeup for details of the last two steps:

I see the 1st yellow scallop border, but I don't see the "more punched borders" anywhere - ? Also, it would be really helpful to see the finished layout in each 'step' post so we don't have to keep scrolling back up to it. ;)

sorry, it took me forever to read what you were talking about...it should read OR more punched borders (this is if you don't like the bulk of lace or prefer not to use it)

Let me see if I can add the photos to the last few posts for this layout.
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry

Post by Laura Fiore »

deerewife wrote:looks good Laura - I bought some doilie type papers today with the hopes of doing this. They were too expensive - 6 for $8.00 to not want to use many times! But, I did have a coupon.
Hi Jenna!

I agree...the MS diecuts were expensive. But I think if you use them this way, it makes it a lot easier to spend that money!!!
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry

Post by Laura Fiore »

bay63 wrote:Just to be curious, how many different colors of GM do you have?

Well, Betty Ann, in my defense, I have been collecting them for a LONG time!!! And you can never have too many shades of pink anything! Right?

I may or may not have around 36 bottles...depends on if you think that is excessive. If so, then I may or may not have 12! :-D
deerewife
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 483

Post by deerewife »

Laura Fiore wrote:
deerewife wrote:looks good Laura - I bought some doilie type papers today with the hopes of doing this. They were too expensive - 6 for $8.00 to not want to use many times! But, I did have a coupon.
Hi Jenna!

I agree...the MS diecuts were expensive. But I think if you use them this way, it makes it a lot easier to spend that money!!!

of course, I don't have your stash of glimmer mist - but plan to at least try this!
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry

Post by Laura Fiore »

scrappininAK wrote:I'm checking in - don't have any lacy papers but I sprayed over some chipboard snowflakes for mine

Hi Heather...sorry to ignore you! You must have snuck in when I was fighting with the copying and pasting :winkb:
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry

Post by Laura Fiore »

deerewife wrote:
Laura Fiore wrote:
Hi Jenna!

of course, I don't have your stash of glimmer mist - but plan to at least try this!

No one SHOULD have my stash of Glimmer Mist Jenna...but do you remember when they had that crazy Happy Meal Beanie Baby craze in the early 90's? My kids must have eaten McDonald's Happy Meals three times a week, just so we could collect them all! Yeah...addictive personalities are fun :?
bay63
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 12

Post by bay63 »

Laura Fiore wrote:

Well, Betty Ann, in my defense, I have been collecting them for a LONG time!!! And you can never have too many shades of pink anything! Right?

I may or may not have around 36 bottles...depends on if you think that is excessive. If so, then I may or may not have 12! :-D

HEHEHEHEHE!! Thanks and these a beautiful layouts. That would be perfect for pictures of my dad and my aunt.
ImageImage Image
Mom2Bri
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 248

Post by Mom2Bri »

These are great layouts! I just got some old photos of my mother and the first one would be great for that.
Teresa --"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace."
http://www.acherryontop.com/i/thumbnail ... linkie.gif
Janshotgun
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 88

Post by Janshotgun »

Laura Fiore wrote:

LOL! That sounds like something you would tell your hubby!
Jan - trying to find my way

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mom2Bri
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 248

Post by Mom2Bri »

36 is not excessive :greenwinka:
Teresa --"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace."
http://www.acherryontop.com/i/thumbnail ... linkie.gif
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry

Post by Laura Fiore »

Mom2Bri wrote:36 is not excessive :greenwinka:

Thank you Enablers!!!!

I'm glad you don't think it is, because I'm pretty sure I ordered some of the new Smooch Spritzes too :winkb:
Kimandasmo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 829

Post by Kimandasmo »

This looks totally awesome...cant wait to re-read it later.
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry

Post by Laura Fiore »

Oh, I nearly forgot, I wanted to share one more idea I had for a Diecut...this is actually what set me off on the entire class. I did this for my reveal this week:

I place the entire diecut on the white background, upside down, then misted with the yellow. Then, when I cut out the center of the diecut, I used an ugly piece of cardstock underneath it, so that I cut the hole in the cardstock too. I then, placed the ugly cardstock (as a mask) over the yellow misted background...it left a white circle where the diecut would be placed. I then misted that with pink, attached the outside edge of the diecut to the background and stitched it down...so that I have pink inside the circle, and yellow outside the diecut.
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

Laura Fiore wrote:Layout 4-Work It Girls

For this layout, I used the Making Memories Stamp Lovestruck Die Cut. I have to tell you a secret. I also turned this diecut over and misted the edge of a page to get that little scalloped look...I didn't like it. AND I wish I had waited until I cut out the center of it and then misted it, because that would have been very cool! Try it before you start this layout, if you want!
You know, if you had just done the edges & wanted to add the center, it would be easy to cover up the 4 edges w/a straight edge (paper scraps, whatever) & then you could mist the center... if you kept it! ;)
Image Image
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry

Post by Laura Fiore »

PezKat wrote:
Laura Fiore wrote:Layout 4-Work It Girls

For this layout, I used the Making Memories Stamp Lovestruck Die Cut. I have to tell you a secret. I also turned this diecut over and misted the edge of a page to get that little scalloped look...I didn't like it. AND I wish I had waited until I cut out the center of it and then misted it, because that would have been very cool! Try it before you start this layout, if you want!
You know, if you had just done the edges & wanted to add the center, it would be easy to cover up the 4 edges w/a straight edge (paper scraps, whatever) & then you could mist the center... if you kept it! ;)

I will probably do that...because it is not good looking the way it is now :winkb: At least with cardstock, I could turn it over and mount photos on it if I don't like it at all, LOL
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry

Post by Laura Fiore »

Janshotgun wrote:
Laura Fiore wrote:

LOL! That sounds like something you would tell your hubby!

hehehe...I think we may work the same way Jan!
immom2anc
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 264

Post by immom2anc »

Great class, Lala! I need to come use some of your GM. But I will say that I picked up some perfect pearls to make my own and I'll let you know how it turns out! :)
**Kristen**
My photography: http://www.kristencarterphotography.com
Image Image ImageImage Image
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry

Post by Laura Fiore »

immom2anc wrote:Great class, Lala! I need to come use some of your GM. But I will say that I picked up some perfect pearls to make my own and I'll let you know how it turns out! :)

Cool, and thank you for giving me cute kids to scrap!
Cherry Blossom

Post by »

Very cool and I love your reveal layout and the kraft/pink one.
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

Sorry, got sidetracked by Fast Scraps & games & dinner... but I've read up to LO #5 and will get through the rest soon! So far I've gotten some awesome ideas!!
Image Image

Return to “February Crop 2010”